For more than 100 years, SIM has been communicating about God's mighty deeds around the world. Here are some of the publications from our past. Our digital collection is growing. Check back here regularly to find new additions.
SIM History Chart PDF
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any problems with these documents, or if you want information about the SIM International Archives that contains the most complete records of the following missions:
- Bolivian Indian Mission (BIM), that was renamed Andes Evangelical Mission (AEM), which worked in Bolivia and Peru (1907-1982);
- Ceylon and India General Mission (CIGM) that worked in Ceylon, India, West Pakistan and East Pakistan (1892-1968);
- Poona and Indian Village Mission (PIVM) which worked in India (1893-1968);
- International Christian Fellowship (ICF), that was formed as a result of merger with CIGM and PIVM, which worked in India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Philippines, and Senegal (1968-1989);
- Cape General Mission (CGM), which merged with South East Africa Evangelistic Mission (SEAEM) to become South Africa General Mission (SAGM), and was later called Africa Evangelical Fellowship (AEF), which worked in several countries in Southern Africa (1889-1998);
- South American Evangelical Mission (SAEM), that was renamed Australasian South American Mission (ASAM), which worked in Argentina and Bolivia (1897-1908);
- Sudan Interior Mission, that later became known as SIM International, is now called SIM (1893-present). SIM initially worked in several countries in Western Africa and Eastern Africa, but started to operate around the world after AEM, ICF, and AEF merged with SIM in 1982, 1989, and 1998 respectively.
The folders below correspond to these missions.
The FAITHFUL WITNESS, which was renamed MISSIONARY WITNESS and then EVANGELICAL CHRISTIAN AND MISSIONARY WITNESS, was an interdenominational periodical that was started in Toronto in 1887. SIM's co-founder Rowland Bingham edited this publication from 1904 until his death in 1942.
International Conference on SIM History in Africa held in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. July 9-13, 2013.
This Week in History
SIM INTERNATIONAL RETAINS THE COPYRIGHT TO ALL OF THE MATERIALS THAT IT, OR THE MISSIONS THAT MERGED WITH SIM, HAS PUBLISHED.
Each magazine is a PDF file which requires Adobe Acrobat Reader.